|Students will form small groups and collaborate in the design, formation, presentation and post-production of an Internet-based radio program.|
The ultimate goal is for students to be able to produce a 30 minute audio podcast topical radio show presented completely in English.
Personal review of their own radio show along with those of others in the class will be strongly encouraged with the aim of recognizing and overcoming problems of presentation.
Students will also be asked to promote their shows to others with the aim of getting audience interaction.
|Upon successful completion of the course, students should be able to:|
1. Deliver topical presentation and discuss content in a casual and entertaining manner.
2. Use audio aids to further enhance their presentations
3. Research and organize material for each show in a coherent and timely manner.
|Students will be expected to participate in all activities full and in English. Due to the nature of the course, a strong desire and interest in communicating personal ideas and opinions on a broad range of subjects in English will be an asset.|
|Weekly Class Schedule.|
1. Orientation to the course
2. Form program groups, decide topic, program name and program logo.
3. Group discussion of first show's content.
4. Explain and complete first show's timeline sheet.
5. Orientation to the studio - first recording.
6. Edit audio recording according to time sheet.
7. Add background music and sound FX to create finished show - upload to website.
8. Read and respond to any on-site comments.
9. Complete a mid-term self-assessment report.
10. Group discussion of second show's content.
11. Explain and complete second show's timeline sheet.
12. second recording.
13. Edit audio recording according to time sheet.
14. Add background music and sound FX to create finished show - upload to website.
15. Read and respond to any on-site comments.
|Students will be expected to design, plan and execute a continuing theme-based audio podcast with a graphic, internet presence. A strong focus on content research and detailed podcast planning and production rehearsal will be required.|
|All materials will be supplied in class|
|It is recommended that students view or read English news on a regular basis as portions of this class will be devoted to conversations, presentations and writing on current issues. A good English learner's dictionary will be of use along with resources for note-taking.|
|Self Assessment Reports (mid-term and final): 25%|
|Grades will be based on participation and timely completion of assignments as well as assignment content|